Welcome to easilett, Lincoln Residential Lettings
Welcome to easilett,Lincoln Residential Lettings

Before applying

Before you apply for a property we urge you to PLEASE READ all the Terms & Conditions on the Application form, which can be downloaded here.  Also read the following as VERY IMPORTANT...

Can you afford the property?

You need to ensure you can afford the rent, in addition to your other living costs including utility bills, council tax and groceries etc. Here is an affordability guide to help.



You will also need to provide a deposit, from which the landlord can claim should you damage the landlord's property or not pay the rent. The deposit is usually 1½ x rent and is held in a secure custodial scheme and is normally refunded at the end of tenancy where rents have been paid and properties are returned in the same condition.  

Application Fees

An application fee will apply once the landlord has agreed to your application. See application fees for details.


Holding fee

In addition to paying the application fee you will at this stage need to pay a holding fee to secure the property for you. This will form part of your 1st month's rent and the balance needs to be paid 5 days before tenancy starts (along with your deposit). Note: The holding fee is not refundable should you not proceed with the tenancy for whatever reason, or if you fail reference checks. See Tenant fees for more details.

Proof of identification and residence

It's a sign of the times: Just before your tenancy starts you will need to bring in the following:

1) Identification, including passport (&/or visa) etc. See Right to Rent.

2) Proof of current address

3) Copies of last 3 months bank statements, the referencing company will insist we obtain this.

Tenant Liability Insurance

All tenants must have insurance that protects the landlord’s property in the event of accidental damage caused during the period of tenancy. A Tenancy cannot start until Tenant’s Liability Insurance is in force. Typically, TLI costs approx £5 per month and as part of the application process we will ask an Insurance Company to provide a suitable no obligation quotation for you. You are free to choose your own provider should you wish, however we will require a copy of your TLI policy before the Tenancy can begin to ensure that it provides sufficient cover for the landlord's items. More details.

Inventory contribution

Inventories help protect both tenants and landlords by clearly defining the condition a property is handed over to tenants. So at the end of the tenancy a landlord cannot claim the tenant damaged something that was not really damaged. Equally, tenants cannot claim damage was not caused by them where an inventory proves the issue wasn't present at the start. The inventory is carried out by an independent clerk, in the interest of both parties. These start from £145, which is mostly covered by landlords, but there is a £35 tenant contribution for this.

What if you have a bad credit history or low income?

It may still be possible for you to rent a property if you have bad credit history or low income but this depends on your situation. You will most likely require a guarantor though, who will need to demonstrate they can afford the rent should you fail to pay. Please see affordability chart for details. We recommended you contact us personally to discuss your personal situation.


Universal Credit/Housing Benefit

If the landlord is happy to consider housing benefit then the details will say so. Sometimes it is the landlord's mortgage lender or insurance company that will not consider housing benefit. However, please note before applying that the referencing company will not be able to accept housing benefit as confirmed income, so you would require a suitable guarantor if your earnings are not sufficient.


Zero hour contracts

Please be aware that the referencing company will NOT be able to accept you (or your guarantor) based on a 'zero hour' or 'non guaranteed hours' contract alone, as they cannot verify that income to the landlord. You/guarantor will need to demonstrate a regular, reliable income, so if you don't have another source of revenue you will need to pay 6 months rent in advance or a guarantor may be acceptable. If you wish to check your personal situation before applying you could discuss your circumstances with the referencing company Van Mildert on 0191 256 0920 before applying.


A guarantor is someone who is prepared to accept liability for the property and pay the rent should you default. A guarantor must:
1. Be over the age of 25
2. Have lived in the UK for a min of 3 years
3. Be able to prove an annual income of over 3½ times the annual rent (see afordability guide)
4. Other restrictions may apply & all guarantors must be fully referenced to be accepted

What if I have paid my rent late in the past?

Please note that the referencing company will ask your previous landlord/s if you have ever been late paying your rent, even by one day. If you have (even by one day) then the referencing company will not be able to pass you and will recommend to the new landlord that they cannot consider you a suitable risk. In this instance the only opition may be to offer the landlord 6 months rent in advance in addition to a guarantor, if the landlord is acceptable to this option.


If a landlord is prepared to consider a pet then it will state in the details. If you have a pet then please do not try to rent a property where the landlord has stated no pets, as the tenancy may then be terminated for breach of agreement.

If a pet is permitted then there will always be a pet fee and each pet will be provided with a Pet License. Terms apply, please see pet license for details. We recommend that you always check with us before applying.


Please be aware that most easilett tenancies have 'professionally' cleaned ovens, hob (or cooker), extractors and carpets. Where this is the case then tenants will be required to have these items 'professionally' cleaned at the end of the tenancy and by a easilett approved contractor. Copy invoices will be required.


Most of our properties are unfurnished, but please note the details of the property in which you are interested. If it includes furniture then it will say so. Ovens are usually provided. Please note that any appliances that landlords provide may not be replaced in the event of breakdown.

Non UK citizen

If you have not lived in the UK for more than 3 years you will be required to provide a guarantor. If you are from outside the European Union you will need to provide your Visa as evidence that you are legally permitted to reside in the UK. It is always recommended you contact us directly to discuss your situation.


Tel: 01522 569389

or contact us

Current properties

Our reviews

Proud members of...


Recommend this page on:

Print Print | Sitemap Recommend this page Recommend this page

Copyright © - easilett Limited. 2009 - 2015 All Rights Reserved.